Costa Maya instead of Cozumel

Old November 12th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Default Costa Maya instead of Cozumel

I was really looking forward to Cozumel after reading so much about it on
this ng, however, we are now going to Costa Maya instead. Not many of the
land excursions looked that appealing to me. Has anyone here been there?
What was your experience? Thanks.

Harry

Old November 13th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Karen Henelde

Harry,

We were on the Enchantment in '01, and one of the ports was Costa Maya. It
felt like it was a port that was built just for the cruise trade. There was
some shopping at the pier (I did get some great buys), and an amphitheater
with some very nice native entertainment. There was also a beach right
there (bring sand shoes because I remember it being very rocky), and also
lots of lounge chairs. That was about the extent of it. There are some
excursions offered, and perhaps the area around the dock has been built up
in the past four years. I have no desire to return there. You can look at
it as a nice day of lying in the sun--either on the ship or by the beach
area. Hope this helps.

Karen
Owings Mills, MD