Possible Refund Ever?

Old November 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Possible Refund Ever?

In article ,
Marsha L wrote:

I don't think there was much question about the intention of the OP. He
didn't say that someone had died, he said what if someone died, and then
mentioned a couple of possibilities.

I did not get that intention from the initial reading. I thought it
might be hypothetical. They don't have insurance and now are worried
that they don't have it. Reading it again I can see that it could also
be read as someone thinking about not going and trying to figure out
how to get out of it.

--
Charles
Old November 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

No, sorry to say it's not totally hypothetical, but it is a "just in case"
real possibility. I didn't know about insurance and we just received our
ticket booklet yesterday - 6 days before the cruise. I guess I just
depended to much on other people without looking into anything myself. Live
and learn.

Harry

"George Leppla" wrote in message

wrote

Suppose a week before a cruise, a parent or spouse died, would Carnival
refund monies paid?

Not usually.

Has anyone ever tried to get a refund.

Many times..... none that I know of were successful. I seem to recall one
case where Carnival let the people re-schedule the cruise at another time,
but I believe that was a rare exception.

The travel agent never told us about insurance.

I recall from other posts that this was to be your first cruise.... and I
assume you were never told about cancellation penalties. If I were you,
I'd bust hard on the travel agent.

FWIW... you are going to have a rough time getting anything from anyone.
Carnival's cancellation penalties and insurance information are on their
website and in their brochures and in your ticket booklet that you should
have gotten about a month before sailing. I don't doubt that your TA
didn't specifically tell you about travel insurance, but I'm betting in
the fine print on your invoice or on their website, there is a disclaimer.

Still... in your position, if you absolutely can't go on your cruise.... I
would raise Hell with the TA. Let him or her put some effort into seeing
if any exception can be made at Carnival.

I am hoping your question was hypothetical... and that you and yours are
fine.

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/
May 20, 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm

Old November 20th, 2005, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Considering what has been written here in response to your original note you
picked a bad T/A.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)