HOuse for rent in Beijing, Olympic Travel

Old December 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default HOuse for rent in Beijing, Olympic Travel

Beijing Apartment renting,
It is very hard to find a good house in foreign country. Here we
provide you house resources in Beijing. We specialize in family
apartment, some are from the house of local residence. We also accept
Visa transaction.
http://www.firststation.cn
Address :
No.0411A, JIULING north building ,NO.21 north road of XISANHUAN,
HaiDian District ,
Beijing ,China
PosteCode :100089

Tel : 0086-1591149000

MSN / Email

Visa service :

Apartment rent :

Old December 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Dec 19, 2:14 pm, wrote:
Beijing Apartment renting,

[snip spammy plea for tenant]

I'm betting that this will be one of the most poorly attended Olympics
in recent times, if you discount compulsory attendance by cheering
rent-a-crowds.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Dec 19, 11:18 pm, PeterL wrote:
On Dec 19, 2:41 am, grusl wrote:

I'm betting that [Beijing] will be one of the most poorly attended Olympics
in recent times, if you discount compulsory attendance by cheering
rent-a-crowds.

The reason is?

I just don't see people wanting to go to Beijing. It's a vast
unfriendly construction site for unnecessary shopping malls, even
without a massive overbearing security operation. Plus its government
has a nasty reputation: we'll see how many non-Chinese gold medal
contenders fall ill mysteriously. And the Olympics are generally a
fading drug-addled diversion of public money. I'm lucky to be here at
the time, where there'll be little discussion, unless India looks like
it could salvage a bronze in shooting or archery.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Dec 19, 2:41 am, grusl wrote:

I'm betting that [Beijing] will be one of the most poorly attended Olympics
in recent times, if you discount compulsory attendance by cheering
rent-a-crowds.

The reason is?

I just don't see people wanting to go to Beijing. It's a vast
unfriendly construction site for unnecessary shopping malls, even
without a massive overbearing security operation. Plus its government
has a nasty reputation: we'll see how many non-Chinese gold medal
contenders fall ill mysteriously. And the Olympics are generally a
fading drug-addled diversion of public money. I'm lucky to be here at
the time, where there'll be little discussion, unless India looks like
it could salvage a bronze in shooting or archery.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

You have not been keeping with the Olympics have you? Overbearing
security operations are now the norm at all future Olympics. People
who go to these things will go, and this will be one huge Olympics
esp. with the security and people have less fear of a terrorist attack.
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Dec 19, 2:41 am, grusl wrote:

[...]

esp. with the security and people have less fear of a terrorist attack.- Hide quoted text -

I doubt very much that there'll be any kind of disruption, but we'll
see how the foreign visitor numbers shape up. No, I won't be watching.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 20th, 2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tim \(not at home\)

"grusl" wrote in message
On Dec 19, 2:14 pm, wrote:
Beijing Apartment renting,

[snip spammy plea for tenant]

I'm betting that this will be one of the most poorly attended Olympics
in recent times, if you discount compulsory attendance by cheering
rent-a-crowds.

I think you're wrong.

It looks like the ideal destination for all the backpacking types who think
that will be able to pick up something cheap at the last minute.

tuim

Old December 20th, 2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_2_]

"tim (not at home)" wrote in message

"grusl" wrote in message
On Dec 19, 2:14 pm, wrote:
Beijing Apartment renting,

[snip spammy plea for tenant]

I'm betting that this will be one of the most poorly attended Olympics
in recent times, if you discount compulsory attendance by cheering
rent-a-crowds.

I think you're wrong.

It looks like the ideal destination for all the backpacking types who
think that will be able to pick up something cheap at the last minute.

I may be wrong, I'll concede. However, I don't think Beijing is much of a
backpacking destination these days, and why would there be a last-minute
expectation of cheap rates if it isn't under-booked?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore