Paris/CDG connection times

Old April 24th, 2008, 05:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

Default Paris/CDG connection times

My wife is scheduled to arrive at Paris/CDG Terminal 2C from Bangalore at
8.50am and depart for Berlin/TXL at 10.20am from Terminal 2D one day next
month. She's a US citizen and flying AF. I can't remember the procedure for
immigration - I know the security lines can be long - but it sounds like not
enough time for a connection. Can anyone shed any ideas? The next Berlin
flight that day on AF is at 3.30pm.

Old April 24th, 2008, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge11

Could be OK and could be not
We are not madame Irma
just get prepared for a missed connection

Old April 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

grusl wrote:

My wife is scheduled to arrive at Paris/CDG Terminal 2C from Bangalore at
8.50am and depart for Berlin/TXL at 10.20am from Terminal 2D one day next
month. She's a US citizen and flying AF. I can't remember the procedure for
immigration - I know the security lines can be long - but it sounds like not
enough time for a connection. Can anyone shed any ideas? The next Berlin
flight that day on AF is at 3.30pm.

Shouldn't be a problem if the incoming flight is on time. Did something
similar a while ago- but connecting from an incoming flight from the US
to an outgoing UK flight, so no passport control that I remember. I
missed the flight because the incoming was very late, but it took about
30 minutes to get to the boarding gate for my 'new' flight, and that
included fixing the onward flight details. I can't imagine the
immigration line will take more than 30 minutes.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
grusl wrote:

[...]

Thanks - I guess it's a bit of a crapshoot. She wouldn't clear immigration
until Berlin, right? (I can't recall my own experience transferring at CDG).
But I think time would be taken up by the security re-check at transfer in
CDG.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old April 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

grusl wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure she'd have to clear immigration at CDG due to schengen?
That's why I thought I should mention I was going on to the UK- so
wasn't clearing immigration at CGD. Like I said, if the incoming is on
time (and long haul is often either late or early, but usually the
latter IME!) I can't see it being a problem.

Old April 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerry Butler

grusl wrote:

[...]

As both France and Germany are in the Schennigen area, she will clear
immigration at CGD (first point of entry), not at TXL.

Gerry Butler