Cost comparison... HAL Hawaiian cruise.

Old August 24th, 2004, 06:05 AM

Default Cost comparison... HAL Hawaiian cruise.

Hello... I was just pricing out the 15 day, San Diego return to Hawaii
on the Statendam (Mar /05.) ...The cost quoted per person, for the
mini-suite was 3,500 US (cruise only) . As the price I pay for my HAL
cruises always seems to be higher than what everyone else pays, I was
curious if any one here could tell me if this quote is out of line.
Thanks. ...Jon

Old August 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Marty

Hi Jon,
We did that cruise several years ago and it does seem high to me. Does
the price include any airfare? Also, I check cruise411.com for prices.
If you check a couple of web sites and they are even close, you're
probably good to go. Just remember that the "gov't taxes and fees" are
not included in the prices they first show you, so figure out how much
of your price is from air and taxes, and you can get pretty close.
By the way, that was the most expensive cruise we have done, but worth
every dime. Absolutely loved it. Hope you have a similar experience.
Marty

Old August 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Hi Marty... The price I quoted was no airfare-- just return from San
Diego. ...And no insurance either. ....Further, I think for that length
of cruise, I'm looking at adding at least another thousand bucks, just
for my Mother.

....The cruise world is crooked. It seems the price that one pays, is
whatever the TA can get out of them. If you phone HAL, as I did, they
won't discuss prices -- at all.

This Hawaiian one sounds like a great cruise, although I am a bit
aprehensive about being so far from land. ...Jon

Old August 26th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Dave

Jon:
If you can possibly make that trip this fall rather than next spring --- we
received a Canadian Mariner's special postcard for the Sept 30/04 Statendam
sailing (15 day roundtrip San Diego - Hawaii) from HAL with a great 'at
par' promo value of $3,042 ($CDN) for a Verandah Cat. worth $3,042 U.S.

This is HAL promo # 6098 and could save you a bundle.
Call your travel agent or 1-877-SAIL HAL for further details.

Dave

Old August 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM

Hi Dave... Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have to work through
Sept. and part of Oct. ...That is quite a savings, though. ...Jon

Old August 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM