Your next cruise out of Galveston, Texas will cost you more.

Old August 1st, 2006, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Your next cruise out of Galveston, Texas will cost you more.

Your next cruise out of Galveston, Texas will cost you more.

The Port of Galveston, Texas has announced that they will charge all
motor coaches, hotel shuttles, rental car shuttle, parking lot shuttles,
taxis, and limousines and vans a $10.00 charge for each time they access
the cruise ship terminals.

So if your taking a motor coaches, taxis, limousines or shuttle van or
whatever form of transportation from the Houston airports or hotels to
Galveston. Your going to pay more. This cost will be past on to you,
your family or group.

If you are overnighting in Galveston, your hotel room will cost you more
because of this added transportation cost. Your rental car will cost
you more, because their shuttle will drive you to the cruise ship
terminals. If you drive your own car to Galveston for a cruise, parking
your car is going cost you more because the parking lots are being
charged for each time they access the cruise ship terminal.

Here's the story:
http://news.galvestondailynews.com/s...1082597c6b81d2

For comments, contact

Mayor Lee Ann Thomas
P.O. Box 779
Galveston, Texas 77553
Phone: (409) 797-3500

Old August 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake :

Your next cruise out of Galveston, Texas will cost you more.

The Port of Galveston, Texas has announced that they will charge all
motor coaches, hotel shuttles, rental car shuttle, parking lot shuttles,
taxis, and limousines and vans a $10.00 charge for each time they access
the cruise ship terminals.

There were 10 people in our van from the parking lot. That's $1 a
person.

So if your taking a motor coaches, taxis, limousines or shuttle van or
whatever form of transportation from the Houston airports or hotels to
Galveston. Your going to pay more. This cost will be past on to you,
your family or group.

Given the price of a taxi, you're not going to notice $10. Given the
capacity of a bus or van, you're not going to notice the difference.

If you are overnighting in Galveston, your hotel room will cost you more
because of this added transportation cost. Your rental car will cost
you more, because their shuttle will drive you to the cruise ship
terminals. If you drive your own car to Galveston for a cruise, parking
your car is going cost you more because the parking lots are being
charged for each time they access the cruise ship terminal.

Like I said, it's going to be $1 more a person. DFW charges $20 a
trip, LAX charges $35. Taxis only pay $5 or so. At AUS it's only $10
a van, up from $8. And nobody raised their rates.

Here's the story:
http://news.galvestondailynews.com/s...1082597c6b81d2

I just read the article. Says taxis won't pay a per trip fee.

For comments, contact

Mayor Lee Ann Thomas

That's Lydia Ann Thomas, and you're better off writing the Board,
since she's only one member (I think there are 15 members).

P.O. Box 779
Galveston, Texas 77553
Phone: (409) 797-3500

Get a grip on reality. If they do raise the rates, it'll only be a
dollar or two. We paid $55 at EZ Park. If they raise the rates to
$57 it won't make a whit of difference to me.
--
dillon

JAFO