Why?

Old October 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

Default Why?

Why don't all of the travel agents who sell cruises on this newsgroup
use a 4 line sig in their postings like Ray and John and George? If they
did, people here could see that the majority of postings on this
newsgroup are really from TRAVEL AGENTS. Travel agents and their clique
of hangers on represent the vast majority of posts made to
rec.travel.cruises.
Ray is openly advertising for clients as this group is his only form of
advertising except for perhaps a local phone book.
John is also using the group to advertise, but not nearly as
successfully. He tried to copy Ray's routine but was a day late to the
party.
George doesn't openly solicit for customers. His modus operandi is the
good uncle, always around offering encouragement and candy, but never
really asking for your business, yet willing to take it should you call.
Is this what the founders of rec.travel.cruises wanted when they created
the group? For it to be controlled by and run by Travel Agents?
The core clique of 5 or 6 here is hardcore in favor of the Agents
running the show, but only because the majority of readers are too
afraid to say anything for fear of being shouted down, as the core
clique of 5 or 6 is quite vocal in their response to anything that would
change their status in the world that is rec.travel.cruises. The Jean
OBoyles, Charles', TomKs and RosalieBs are too loud and too proficient
in their bleating.
rec.travel.cruises is dying, replaced by moderated web groups that have
actual content, not a clique of posers and a continuous stream of cruise
line advertising and press releases from 2 or 3 Travel agents. The days
of cruise line trip reports and opinions being posted on a daily or
weekly basis are long past. rec.travel.cruises is now just a party line
for the clique and a place for travel agents too cheap to advertise any
other way to have a place to hang.
What a waste.
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Franklin[_5_]

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:26:54 -0500, Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

rec.travel.cruises is dying, replaced by moderated web groups that have
actual content, not a clique of posers and a continuous stream of cruise
line advertising and press releases from 2 or 3 Travel agents.

Spot on.
--
Think first! Before you book a cruise from a two bit lying sleazeball
who uses Usenet as free SPAMADVERTISING ground and for purposeful
Old October 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

John Sisker wrote:
It is interesting that this very subject seems to be brought up again
and again, as if it has never been said before. I suppose to some, it
hasn't, thinking that once they say basically the same thing, then
someone will actually take notice. Yet, while not really meant to be
flattering, I do have to agree with a few things said. To me, this
newsgroup was always run by travel agents, and the cliques that now
follow them. It's not much different today, except that others can now
see through their true motives. Likewise, signature lines are indeed
allowed, and while a few feel they are nothing more than an excuse to
advertise, others even try to divide this into double standards... "it's
allowed for some, but not others." Yet, a signature line pointing to
one's agency affiliation is hardly direct advertising, as it is with
those who include select cruises at select times and select prices. Yet,
we somehow know this is alright, for it benefits the cliques that now
follow these agencies, and who are obviously more than willing to look
the other way because of the benefits they feel they receive from it.

When I did come alone, this newsgroup was already well established, with
basically the same travel agents trying to run the show then, as they
are now. Being new at the time to this newsgroup, admittedly I did
follow Ray's lead, for at the time, I did not know any better, and
simply copies his signature line format for mine. I figured, what was
good for the goose was good for the gander. Of course, at that time, I
did not know any better, not realizing that this was really a "do as I
say" not a "do as I do" type of thing. As for the so-called press
releases, these connections were not thought up by yours truly, but by
Ray himself, apparently feeling the need to get additional but related
information out there. I simply jumped on the bandwagon when Ray turned
his into direct advertising, when he choose to eliminate all the contact
information contained in the original press release, and direct all
communications to himself instead. For what its worth, I don't do that.

But today, weather one likes it or now, things are what they are. If one
doesn't like it, then they are free to go elsewhere, for as already
pointed out, there are many other sources today for basically the same
information. Yet, as for me, good or bad, I am here for the long-haul.

Smooth sailing to all...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Not everyone has read every post throughout the history of this group, so the
curious ask what seems to be a repeated question. However it is the first time
they have asked it, because they do not know the answer. Which is the reason a
question is asked in the first place.

Clay

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

John and Clay,

Please ignore the trolls!

Both of you have been around long enough to know you are talking to/
about two well-known trolls (and actually...I find the antics such a
yawn, I don't bother checking message headers...but in many instances,
it's just one troll talking to itself). Whether one or a dozen, the
trolls that have attached themselves to this group delight in pot-
stirring and forging posts to appear as if made by regulars, among
other juvenile and sometimes shockingly sick and cruel acts, including
falsely posting notice that someone was dead.

They will not go away as long as they get attention.

Please ignore the trolls!

Diana
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Borked Psuedo Mailed :

[...]

And you're still here because????

I've made no secret of being an agent, I just decided not to advertise
here. If I see someone asking for lots of help, I'll post info here,
but also contact her/him directly. If someone needs lots of help,
they need more than posts to Usenet can do for them.

Like I said, I know the questions you should be asking.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Patrick Swayze, now there was talent
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

D Ball wrote:
John and Clay,

Please ignore the trolls!

Both of you have been around long enough to know you are talking to/
about two well-known trolls (and actually...I find the antics such a
yawn, I don't bother checking message headers...but in many instances,
it's just one troll talking to itself). Whether one or a dozen, the
trolls that have attached themselves to this group delight in pot-
stirring and forging posts to appear as if made by regulars, among
other juvenile and sometimes shockingly sick and cruel acts, including
falsely posting notice that someone was dead.

They will not go away as long as they get attention.

Please ignore the trolls!

Diana

I'm Sorry, sometimes I like playing with the trolls. I'll
hang my head in shame now.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:26:54 -0500, Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:
Why don't all of the travel agents who sell cruises on this newsgroup
use a 4 line sig in their postings like Ray and John and George? If they
did, people here could see that the majority of postings on this
newsgroup are really from TRAVEL AGENTS. Travel agents and their clique
of hangers on represent the vast majority of posts made to
rec.travel.cruises.

That is only the case if you're too stupid to figure out how to operate
a newsreader and killfile the commercial posters.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

AZ Nomad wrote On 10/17/2009 1:32 AM:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:26:54 -0500, Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

Why don't all of the travel agents who sell cruises on this newsgroup
use a 4 line sig in their postings like Ray and John and George? If they
did, people here could see that the majority of postings on this
newsgroup are really from TRAVEL AGENTS. Travel agents and their clique
of hangers on represent the vast majority of posts made to
rec.travel.cruises.

That is only the case if you're too stupid to figure out how to operate
a newsreader and killfile the commercial posters.

My sister Karen, is a travel agent. She's too busy booking cruises for
her clients to be posting here on RTC. Karen doesn't need to advertise,
the national agency where she works does all the advertising in print,
television and radio. Karen doesn't need me to advertise here for her.

I am *NOT* a travel agent and I am here. I am not a hanger on of any
agent here. I do like Susette because like me she's a Parrothead. She
doesn't post press releases. Susette only posts from personal experience
cruising. Kill the rest I don't think that they will notice.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Brian K :

[...]

In that case, you'll love me. Because we actually saw Jimmy perform
at Margarittaville, in KW

Old October 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Oct 20, 11:57�pm, Dillon Pyron
wrote:
[Default] Thus spake Brian K :

[...]

Patrick Swayze, now there was talent- Hide quoted text -

I goign to KW in a month... Love it there! lots of fun

Susette ACC
Cruise Outlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com 800 853 9515

AND Jimmy buffet is WONDERFUL. I am one of those that don;t care much
for The Boss but Buffet BRING EM ON baby! have seen him many many many
times LOVE IT
going to see trans sibetian oprchestra in a few weeks IF you get the
chance DO not miss that it is a wonderful ROCK and christmas showcase
and Lasers unreal