urgent - need info - "Anywhere" wireless internet access (EDGE/ GPRS coverage)

Old February 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default urgent - need info - "Anywhere" wireless internet access (EDGE/ GPRS coverage)

urgent - need info - "Anywhere" wireless internet access (EDGE/ GPRS
coverage)
via a wireless aircard attached to the laptop

I am travelling from Northern California to Southern California for a
few days.
It would be great to have wireless internet access from the car, beach
etc ...be able to check and return emails.
( I will be using it mostly to check emails and return emails)

I do not want to be stuck to my hotel in Southern california all day
just to check and reply to my emails.

Is there any company / service that offers a temporary service for the
above...or has a pay as you go service ....

This would be great ...as i need it only for 3 days.

It seems that most companies like Cingular have one year + contracts.

is the speed very slow ?

Do anyone have any info that could help me.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kim

PS I have heard about hotspots ...what are these ? and where in
Southern california ?

Old February 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:21:07 -0800, How B
wrote:

many of them free (like in most
Starbuck's): http://usatoday.jiwire.com/

Hi Howard,

Interesting as Starbucks charges for wifi in every location that I
have been and I go to a lot of Starbucks' locations. g

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 16th, 2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

wrote:

many of them free (like in most
Starbuck's): http://usatoday.jiwire.com/

Hi Howard,

Interesting as Starbucks charges for wifi in every location that I
have been and I go to a lot of Starbucks' locations. g

T-Moblile franchise.

--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 16th, 2006, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:53:03 GMT, Dillon Pyron
wrote:

T-Moblile franchise.

Hi Dillon,

Yep, that is what I have seen also. I would be interested in where
Howard has seen wifi free at Starbucks.

Old February 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

T-Moblile franchise.

Hi Dillon,
Yep, that is what I have seen also. I would be interested in where
Howard has seen wifi free at Starbucks.

My fault, and apologies to Diedrich's. Kim said she was coming to
SoCal, and Diedrich's Coffee is our "home grown" chain, with so many So
Cal locations.

Unfortunately--I tend to call any coffee house Starbucks these days.
Behold the power of a sign on every street corner.

Along with the sneers for saying Starbucks instead of Diedrichs, a
comment like "the hot spot finder site is a good one" would have been
appreciated.

How B

Old February 16th, 2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

How B wrote in
:

wrote:

T-Moblile franchise.

Hi Dillon,
Yep, that is what I have seen also. I would be interested in where
Howard has seen wifi free at Starbucks.

My fault, and apologies to Diedrich's. Kim said she was coming to
SoCal, and Diedrich's Coffee is our "home grown" chain, with so many

So
Cal locations.

Unfortunately--I tend to call any coffee house Starbucks these days.
Behold the power of a sign on every street corner.

Along with the sneers for saying Starbucks instead of Diedrichs, a
comment like "the hot spot finder site is a good one" would have been
appreciated.

How B

Free wi Fi at any Panera Bread great deal and good pastries.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old February 16th, 2006, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article 36,
Joseph Coulter wrote:

Free wi Fi at any Panera Bread great deal and good pastries.

They have coffee too.....

--
Charles