Mariner of the Seas - San Juan

Old February 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Mariner of the Seas - San Juan

Stop at Coco Cay on the March 5th sailing of the Mariner of the Seas has
been changed to San Juan on 3/7. Anyone know if they will dock at the area
near Old San Juan or the more remote pier. Inquiries to RCCL have gone
unanswered!

Thanks in advance. Art

Old February 16th, 2006, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The Mariner will probably dock at the Pan American pier terminal which is
across from old San Juan. This is where the Adventure docks. I was on the
Navigator last year and we docked there also. It sucks compared to the
docks in old San Juan. You will have to take a cab to old San Juan. A cab
is $10 one way. Maybe you'll luck out and dock in old San Juan, I hope you
do.

Old February 16th, 2006, 07:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"SONNY" posted the exciting message
:

"Art" wrote in message
Stop at Coco Cay on the March 5th sailing of the Mariner of the Seas
has been changed to San Juan on 3/7. Anyone know if they will dock
at the area near Old San Juan or the more remote pier. Inquiries to
RCCL have gone unanswered!

Thanks in advance. Art

When we left from San Juan to Southern Carrib on Adventure of the Seas in
Summer 2003, we left from the remote pier. But when we docked in San Juan
on the Navigator of the Seas in December 2005, we docked near Old San
Juan.

My theory is that if you leave from San Juan, you are at the remote pier;
if you dock on a stop in San Juan you are at the close piers. This would
ensure more sales in shops for ships that are docking for a short time.
If you're leaving from San Juan presumably you're already
staying/checking it out separately.

Of course I only have my own experience but could be completely wrong
that it's a general pattern.
Old February 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Prime
wrote:

My theory is that if you leave from San Juan, you are at the remote pier;
if you dock on a stop in San Juan you are at the close piers. This would
ensure more sales in shops for ships that are docking for a short time.
If you're leaving from San Juan presumably you're already
staying/checking it out separately.

I have been on sailings that left from San Juan that left from the
remote piers and sailings that left from the Old San Juan piers.
Whenever San Juan was not the embarkation port but on the itinerary we
docked at Old San Juan not the remote pier. But I noticed when we
docked at Old San Juan on Jewel of the Seas that both Navigator of the
Seas and Empress of the Seas that were calling that day too, not
embarking that day were at remote piers. So you can't draw any
generalizations.

--
Charles