Wanting to buy a digital camera

Old February 16th, 2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Wanting to buy a digital camera

I have had a 3.2 cybershot P52 for over 2 years. Pictures at 3.2 are
excellent on print even
at 5X7 and on CDorDVD. The 2 optic, 3 digital has been plenty for vacation
photos.
Sony AA recharge batteries are very long life and 4 of them have carried me
thru over 350 shots @ 3.2. If needed, AA batteries are cheap and readily
available. I've accidentally dropped it a few times without damage . Perhaps
best of all it was relatively cheap and I would not be heartbroken if lost
or stolen; Thieves would probably look for the fancier camera. Carrying 512
meg on memory pro sticks last 2 weeks and those 350 shots.

There are similar models out there today at around $170.

Old February 16th, 2006, 12:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I didn't know there were any cameras that require docks. Even the Kodaks
operate without the docks.

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:37:14 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:

as the Sam's Club bonus. I also understand that Sony now
offers a camera with the internally zooming lens, so I
suspect that this is the direction many cameras are headed.

You mean like the Sony DSC-T1, introduced in 2003?

The downside of cameras that require docks is that you
have to drag the dock around with you when you travel.

--
- Lee

Old February 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Richard Bornstein wrote:
I didn't know there were any cameras that require docks. Even the Kodaks
operate without the docks.

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:37:14 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:

as the Sam's Club bonus. I also understand that Sony now
offers a camera with the internally zooming lens, so I
suspect that this is the direction many cameras are headed.

You mean like the Sony DSC-T1, introduced in 2003?

The downside of cameras that require docks is that you
have to drag the dock around with you when you travel.

--
- Lee

How do you recharge the Kodak camera without a dock ??
Old February 16th, 2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

If you are considering R1, I am sure size and weight is not a problem
to you. If you don't mind a lower resolution at 8M, I do highly
recommend Canon EOS 350D with the standard kit lens which is around 20%
cheaper than R1, the benefit of buying 350D is the price of body has
dropped substantially since introduction, and it remains the most
popular in current market. Most users are so happy after using it for
weeks and will add a tele zoom lens, as SLR lenses will compatible with
future cameras of same brand and price of lenses do not fall like the
camera. Be carefully that operating an SLR is not same as that of
Point & Shoot, but most user appreciate the difference. SLRs are more
professional, much more durable, and a much better value.