Puglia/Abruzzo e Molise

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:39 PM
rhnb

Default Puglia/Abruzzo e Molise

Hi
A friend and I are flying out to the Italian region of Puglia (Brindisi) to
start a 2 week cycle
tour from mid September, flying home from Pescara.
Anyone recommend any must see places, scenic roads etc in the
Puglia/Abruzzo/Molise regions?
We're normally more organised than this and have a good idea where we're
going by now, but this one seems to have caught us by surprise!

Any info appreciated.

Cheeers... Allan.
~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra

Old August 10th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Penguini

"rhnb" ha scritto
:

Hi
A friend and I are flying out to the Italian region of Puglia
(Brindisi) to start a 2 week cycle
tour from mid September, flying home from Pescara.
Anyone recommend any must see places, scenic roads etc in the
Puglia/Abruzzo/Molise regions?
We're normally more organised than this and have a good idea where
we're going by now, but this one seems to have caught us by surprise!

Any info appreciated.

Cheeers... Allan.
~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra

Here are some highlights Abruzzese:
In no particular order
Atri
Silvi
Santo Stefano Di Sessiano
Rocca di Calascio
Sulmona
Scanno
Castelli
Pescocostanzo
National Park (Pescasseroli)
Civitella del Tronto
Old Teramo
Roccoscalenga
Chieti
Driving under the Gran Sasso Mountains (Tunnel 10.6 km) between Teramo and
L'Aquila
Grotte di Stiffe

Old August 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Elisabetta

"rhnb" ha scritto nel messaggio

Hi
A friend and I are flying out to the Italian region of Puglia (Brindisi)

start a 2 week cycle
tour from mid September, flying home from Pescara.

I suggest to go down towards Lecce with its marvellous barocco churches and
palaces, then to Santa Maria di Leuca, the place where 2 seas meet (Ionian
and Adriatic). Follow the coast and visit Otranto (don't miss tha cathedral
mosaic!!!), Castro with its emerald sea, Gallipoli on the opposite coast
(have a meal at the Bastione restaurant), Marina di Pescoluse (Caraibbean
sea).
Going up o the north you can't miss Alberobello with its trulli, Castellana
Grotte, Polignano a Mare and the beautiful romanesque cathedrals in Trani,
Ruvo, Bitonto....
The castle in Castel del Monte is a must.

If you need more info about Apulia, please ask.
Elisabetta